Jun 27

Crossed Card

Crossed Card using Tie the Knot

I made this Halloween card using brown card stock from the Paper Company by folding an 8.5 x 11″ sheet. I cut the red paper from The paper Source at 5″ x 8″ and rounded the corners using a paper punch. I cut the pumpkins using my Potpourri cartridge and orange card stock from The Paper company as well. I cut them at 1.5″. I downloaded the bats from Dingbats.com and used Sure Cuts a Lot. I cut them at 2″ x 1,5″ using black card stock from BazillBettle black.
I used my computer and used the Cool Dots font and printed the Happy Halloween sentiment and used my square punch to cut it out. I used my orange ink to distress the edges of the sentiment. I used a Halloween ribbon I got from Michael’s last year to put behind the bats. The stars are confetti I also got from Michael’s last year during Halloween. I used 3d Dots to adhere the bats, sentiment and pumpkins. I used glue dots to adhere the stars.

Hope you all like it.

Happy Birthday Card using Forever Young Cartridge

Here is the video for the Bee Happy Card. Hope you guys like it!

I have been so busy this weekend that I did not have time to do much other than gardening and chores around the house. I created this card in 1 hour as I have to go to sleep soon 🙂 and I wanted to make sure I entered My Creative Time with Emma’s animal challenge.
I am working on a video of it but for now I am going to post only the pictures.

I used my Sure Cuts a Lot 2 to cut the circular card. I welded two 5″ circles together and cut them using black card stock. I then cut the outer ring by putting two smaller circles together (one 4.5″ and the other one 4.25″).

I cut yet another smaller circle at 4.1″ for the inner circle which I then embossed with my Cuttlebug using the “With Gratitude” embossing folder .

I cut the bee on page 25 of the Paisley cartridge at 3″. For embellishments I used the movable eyes you can find at Michaels, a heart shaped jewel that I bought in Downtown Los Angeles, and I cut the phrase “Bee Happy” again using the Sure Cuts a Lot at .65″ using one of the cute fonts I downloaded for free from DaFont.com.

To make my bee stand out I made my own coil by using a wire and wrapping it around a pencil. I adhered one side of the “coil” to the bee using tape and the other one using a dimensional so when the bee moves the eyes move. I simply drew her little mouth by hand.

Finally I used red stars jewels I also bought in Downtown Los Angeles to give it a spark.

Hope Emma Likes it 🙂