Archive for the ‘Cards’ Category

Today we had a fun time at my sister’s house. She is expecting so I made a cute “mommy to be” card for her and gave her some maternity clothes (this is her first child). I had made my mom’s card before so I thought I would just add a cute envelope. Here are my two projects for Mother’s Day:

I used the New Arrival cricut cartridge on this card. The mommy was cut at 4 1/2 inches. I cut three layers: 1 black, 1 brown and 1 patterned paper. The black was used for the main figure. The brown was used for the pants and the hair (I used a silver marker to make the polka dots) and I used the glitter stack for the patterned paper. The card was cut at 5″ tall x 4 1/2 wide.

Now for the hippo on the envelope I used the create a critter cutting it at 4 1/2 inches. I used the moving eyes (found at Michaels) and the Martha Stewart glitter polka dots paper. I used plan fuschia card stock and pink card stock for the back ground and mouth of the hippo.

I am switching my older post to be newer as the other one was too confusing to find in my blog.

I decided to be brave and enter my first contest! I designed the matching set of a gift bag and card for Mother’s day using the following:

For the bag:
Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge – page 80 the tall bag cut at 5 1/2 inches (Fit to Page on a 12×12 sheet)

For the card:
Wild Card Cartridge – page 34, the square card cut at 4 1/2″. The matching envelope also cut at 4 1/2″

For the embellishments:
Flowers: Mother’s Day 2010 Cartridge – Twin flowers using both the shadow and detailed images – cut at 2 1/2″ (two sets)
“Mom”: Mother’s Day 2010 Cartridge – cut Mom at 1″
“Tag”: Mother’s Day 2010 Cartridge – cut at 2 1/2″
Vase – Potpourri Basket Cartridge – page 47 – Two steps:
For bag – cut one at 2 1/2″ for the bottom shadow and then
cut another one at 2 1/4″ for the top vase.
For the car – just cut the 2 1/4″.

Now for the Cuttlebug Challenge:
Used Swiss Dots on the card liner and the tag for the “mom” bag.
I used the Spots and Dots for the vase embossing.

Well, I tried to do as many as I could but between cooking, laundry, grocery shopping and working I did not make all 12 cards. Next year I will make somebody do it with me 🙂

Here is my last challenge. I used the Create a Critter Zebra and made her really feminine. I used my cuttlebug to give my 4 1/2″ by 5″ card texture. I used the grass on my Plantin cartridge and cut it at 2″.

I hope you all like it!

I used my cricut Plantain cartridge for this one. I wanted to add a little something different so I decided to add “movement” to the card. I cut the flowers in page 76 at 1 1/4″ using both the flower and the shadow.

I used my downtown finds for the middle of the flowers. I used tiny “sparkle flowers” I found at the garment district in Downtown Los Angeles. I used the fuzzies you find at Michaels during X-mas for the “stems.” The stems allow the flowers to move.  I taped the stems to both the flowers and the vase. The base is from the Potpourri cartridge found in page 47. It was cut at 2 1/2″.  I used pink card stock for the base of the “vase.” I then cut another vase using this beautiful Japanese paper I found on e-bay. It is for Oragamy (sp?) so I cut it using the lowest speed and the lightest pressure on the Cricut so it would not tear.

The card was made of basic chocolate card stock. The blue background was cut at 7″ tall x 5″ wide. Again I used the Swiss Dots for texture on the Cuttlebug. Finally I added a simple ribbon I bought in Germany last year.

I had to get creative on this one. I used my Sure Cuts a Lot 2 program to create this “wedding dress.”  I began by “welding” a heart and a triangle together. I flipped the heart upside down. I then copied the “welded” image and “welded” again to make the full card. The card measure 5 1/2″ tall by 7″ wide.

For the “pearl” stand I used some pearls left over from my wedding! They are put together already in a strand so I just cut about 1″ and taped it in the back so the pearls don’t come lose.  For the dress I used “from my heart- metallic papers” I embossed using my Cuttlebug machine. I tied up the cute bow using organza ribbon.

For the skirt I used an old ribbon I had from one of my Downtown Los Angeles fabric district buys 🙂